The Eaglequill

CCSD School Board

Adrian Jaramillo, Reporter

January 2018 is School Board Appreciation Month—a great time to focus on the crucial role an elected board of trustees plays in our communities and schools.

Plan now to show your school board members you appreciate their dedication and hard work. They are extraordinary people who voluntarily tackle the enormous job of governing school districts. Their actions and decisions affect the present and future lives of our children.  Recognizing board members for this commitment and sacrifice takes a combined effort on the part of all those they serve.

This includes administrators, school staff, students, and the community.   Although showing appreciation should be a year-round process, taking advantage of the designated School Board Recognition Month assures that these important people receive some of the thanks they deserve.

Such recognition can encourage veteran trustees to continue to make the commitment board service requires; other citizens might be encouraged to get involved in the schools and make positive change.

A full month of activities allows local districts, PTAs, booster clubs, community leaders, and individual campuses to organize activities convenient and appropriate for them.

Take this opportunity to help acknowledge public servants who make the time to share their vision and voice about the future of Cherry Creek children.

We extend our best wishes for a productive month of building awareness and support in our community.