The Eaglequill

Boy’s Golf 2018 Season Highlights

Back to Article
Back to Article

Boy’s Golf 2018 Season Highlights

Boy's Golf Twitter

Boy's Golf Twitter

Boy's Golf Twitter

Alexis Conaway, Reporter

Fall marks the start of the Boy’s Golf season, playing six tournaments during the 2018 season. Eaglecrest did not win a team tournament, though many individual players have reached their personal best scores. Hunter Wallen, Freshmen, made his season best score of 81 while playing 18 holes. Garret Schmidt, Junior, scored a team best of 90 at Aurora Hills on the 15th of August. “It has been a fun year helping the younger kids get better each day.” stated Head Coach Adams. “Our team is almost all freshman and sophomores this year, so it’s been a year of development of younger kids.” Adams has been coaching boy’s golf for 29 years, and is proud of every male golfer that graces his team.

The boy’s regionals tournament took place on September 17. With schools playing including Eaglecrest, Overland, Grandview, Cherokee Trail, Arapahoe, Grand Junction, Horizon, and many others. “On the first tee there is always people watching you.” Ryan Anderson, Junior, recalls. The tournament began at 9:00am and lasted the whole day. Each boy did their best and had fun.

“A lot of people may think that it’s boring, but when you go out there and play with people from other schools it’s fun.” ”

— Garrett Schmidt

Unfortunately, nobody from Eaglecrest qualified for State this year. Next season, however, the boy’s are aiming to do better and make it to state.

About the Writer