The Eaglequill

Raptors Stunning Win Against Arvada

Running Raptors: Raptors enthusiastically head to the  field

Running Raptors: Raptors enthusiastically head to the field

Aiyanna Jackson

Aiyanna Jackson

Aiyanna Jackson, Reporter

“The goal of this Homecoming game this year is to just come out with a win, work as a team, putting in work as one unit,””

— Dylan James

explained Dylan James after being asked what he and his team have been doing to prepare. This is exactly what The Eaglecrest Raptors did on September 21, at the Homecoming game as they beat the Arvada West Wildcats 50-14.

They now possess a 5-0 record. Within the first twenty minutes of the first quarter the Raptors scored two touchdowns, bringing the score to 14-0. With four minutes to go in the first quarter the Raptors scored a rushing touchdown making the score 21-0 with the, point after touchdown, being complete.

Then, with three minutes to go in the first quarter, Arvada West completed a pass for a touchdown, bringing the score to 21-7. At the end of the quarter there was a score correction for Eaglecrest making the final score for the first quarter 22-7.

Aiyanna Jackson
Running Raptors: The EHS Raptors demolish Arvada West during the Homecoming Game. During the first quarter, The Raptors already have had a twelve point lead, while Arvada had zero points.

In the second quarter with ten minutes remaining #10 Zackary Allen scored a 8 yard rushing touchdown pushing the Raptors ahead 29-7. Eight minutes to go and the Raptors score a touchdown 36-7. Seven minutes later and #24 Sebastian Andujar scored a rushing touchdown the score was brought to 43-7.

At the start of the third quarter Eaglecrest kicked off to Arvada West, and with ten minutes remaining #20 Jalen Stewart managed to get a 17 yard rushing touchdown bringing the score to 50-7. With two minutes left in the third quarter Arvada West completed a pass for a touchdown bringing the end score of the third quarter to 50-14.

Five minutes left in the fourth quarter and Eaglecrest intercepted a pass and got the ball on Arvada’s forty yard line. In the last three  minutes Arvada West recovered a fumble by Eaglecrest and got the ball on the Raptor’s fifty yard line. The game ended with Arvada moving the ball down to the thirty yard line, and the Raptors leaving with a win.

Some amazing players that really let their talent shine were Isaiah Emecheta who got thirteen rushing yards for a total of eighty-eight yards and scored two touchdowns. Next up was Jalen Stewart who got two rushing yards for a total of forty-one yards, and scored a touchdown.

Then we have Sebastian Andujar who got seven rushing yards, totalling  thirty-five yards and who also scored a touchdown. Lastly we have Dylan James who got twelve rushing yards for an impressive one hundred and forty-eight  total yards and scored three touchdowns. Everyone on the team did an amazing job and performed their best and in the end the Raptors now have yet to lose a game.

About the Contributor